Thursday, December 22, 2011

Princess Birthday Card

I came up with doing a princess card for one of my dearest friends daughters' first birthday.  They (or should I say she) loves Disney and princesses so I wanted something that my friend would love as well.  I found an idea through craftycow.com and CASE'd it.  (For those out in the non crafting world CASE means Copy And Share Everything)

I took the idea and created my own princess though and I have to brag just a little because I think she looks absolutely adorable.  I am dying to try to make more of these as well as some other princess I found online.  I have 2 boys so I'll have to figure out a good home the princesses can go to!

Here's the picture and let me know what you think
The full card

Close up
Paper: In Colors: Wisteria Wonder for base
                             Calypso Coral for princess and candle
                             Pool Party for cupcake icing
            Early Expresso for hair and cupcake bottom
            Daffodil Delight for flame

Stamp Set: Create a Cupcake: flower on base, happy birthday saying, and cupake

Ink: Versamark, Calypso Coral

Punches: 1" circle punch, Word Window, Heart to Heart, Scallop Oval, Owl Builder, Petite Pennants Builder, Cupcake Builder

I free hand cut the flame and used Basic Black Write Marker to draw her face.

Like I said I'm absolutely loving this card.  Only improvement I'm going to make is to try to make her a little bit bigger since the cupcake seems too big but still think it came out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment