Thursday, March 29, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

This past weekend was so busy for me that I've been neglecting my blog.  I don't like when I do that cause I enjoy being able to share my projects with whoever reads this.

Saturday my sister hosted a Stampin' Up! party with her friends.  We decided to show how to decorate candles using our supplies.  It went great and there was definitely that WOW moment when I demonstrated how easy it was and the finished project.  Everyone got to make 2 tea lights and 2 small candles to take home with them.  The girls seemed to have a great time and saw the creative side come out of all of them.  We got over a $500 order so my sister received $80 to spend on FREE items along with 2 items at 50% off.  I was so happy for her because she helped me out so much!  If you are in and around the Pittsburgh, PA area and would like to host your own party with your family and friends, please contact me to schedule your date!  You could receive some great FREE product just like my sister.

Here's a picture of all the ladies hard at work ;)

I wish I had taken pictures of their candles because they were all so cute but I got busy with orders and forgot.  This party has led me to have my own class on decorating candles in April so I will have pictures when I figure out all the details.

Sunday I participated in a local craft fair at a fire hall.  I didn't do too well selling any crafts but hopefully got a few leads.  There were 2 very nice ladies who were just starting with another company (that I had never heard of before so maybe a newer craft company) that are interested in attending my classes.  I also got someone who might want to join my team, so keeping my fingers crossed.  I swear when someone gives you the slightest bit of interest in recruiting to your team, it's like a kid opening presents during Christmas.  It's such a rush of excitement I can't even describe it.  I'll keep you updated if something comes from that.

After doing this fair I've decided that I'm going to start really using fairs as a promotion for my business.  I'm still going to sell cards and maybe some left over crafts that I have for various reasons, but I'm not going to go out of my way to create things just for the fair.  I really want to try to get new customers and recruits instead.  My sister and I have been discussing about starting a portfolio of pictures and ideas for events like bday parties, weddings, showers, etc and start going there with my business.  I would LOVE to provide favors, invitations, thank you notes, etc for events like that for clients.  So that's how I'm going to do my business "My Way!"  I have another fair at the end of April so we'll see how it goes.

Sorry for the lack of creation in this post, but I wanted to update everyone why I've been MIA.  I have lots of cards and other projects to update you in the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment