Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cupcake Birthday Card

I made the following card for a girls 4th birthday.


I just absolutely love how this card turned out.  I've tried a new technique that I've seen all over the place but never tried it called faux quilting.  My upline Jeni Szmyd actually introduced it to me and I've been dying to try it out. (Click on her name to see her version of a card using this technique.)

This technique uses the Big Shot and the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder.  Cut out the shapes you want than adhere onto the card stock.  Finally run the card stock through the Big shot and folder and wah-lah, you've created a pretty cool looking quilting background.

I've added a few more circles to add a little more dimension to the card.  Love this technique and the possibilities are endless so I'm looking forward to using this on more of my cards.

The other new thing about this card is the green card stock and ribbon.  This is one of the new in-colors called Gumball Green.  Love this color and how cute is that new ribbon?  You can order that ribbon in all of the new 2012-2014 in colors.



Supplies needed to make this card:

Card Stock: Melon Mambo
                    So Saffron
                    Whisper White
                    Gumball Green

Stamp Set: Easy Events (I did not use the "happy birthday" saying under the cupcake)
Easy Events Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Gumball Green Classic Ink Pad
        So Saffron Marker
        Melon Mambo Marker
        Gumball Green Marker

Accessories: Basic Rhinestones
                     Dazzling Details
                     Gumball Green 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon
         Tools: various sized Circle punches
                     1-3/4" Scallop Circle punch
                     Sizzix Big Shot
                     Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder
         Adhesives: Snail
                            Mini Glue Dots
                            Stampin' Dimensionals

*Stay tuned for a video tutorial on how to make this card next week*

1 comment:

  1. Enabler! I may just have to get this set after seeing how cute your card is & how you did the cupcake!!! Love, your upline, Jeni S-Z-M-Y-D ;)
    PS Here's how my niece tells people to remember it: Smiling Zebras Make Your Day
    lol

    ReplyDelete