Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Scallop Circle Dress



I have been absolutely dying to make this dress ever since I first saw it.  I just never had a good reason to make it.  My sister-in-law is getting married and was having a bridal shower which gave me the perfect reason to try it out!!!

 Here's what you need to do to make this dress.  Run your paper through the Big Shot using the Scallop Circle Bigz Die.  You'll have a circle like this

I thought the dress looked the best with 4 scallops on top and 10 at bottom.  I used ribbon as a guide to make the circles more uniform.  You can adjust the dress how you like with the number of scallops on top and bottom.  I used the paper snips to cut out the dress.

Once you have your dress cut out, just embellish how you want.  I made 2 dresses, one with the flower DSP from Comfort Cafe and Early Espresso card stock.  I put the early espresso behind the dress as an added dimension to the dress.  I just love everything about this card and hope to make more in the future!


Supplies needed to make this card:


Card Stock: Pool Party base 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
                    Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper 5 x 5 for scallop circle die
                    Early Espresso 5 x 5 for scallop circle die
                    Midnight Muse scrap for punching
                    Summer Starfruit scrap for punching

Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Midnight Muse

Accessories: Daffodil Delight 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
                     Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents
          Tools: Big Shot
                     Scallop Circle Bigz Die
                     Floral Fusion Sizzlit Die
                     Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
                     Boho Blossoms Punch
                     Modern Label Punch
                     Paper Snips
   Adhesives: Snail
                      Dimensionals
                      Mini Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment